- CMS Experience: Drupal, Joomla!, Agile Ticketing Solutions Platform
- OS Experience: Windows, Linux, Debian, mint, macOS, android
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Network Setup and Configuration: DHCP, Static IP, DNS, WAN, LAN, Firewall, NAT, WOL, VPN, SSH, VNC, FTP, client/server applications.
- Amateur Graphics Design: GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Other Tools/Platforms: Vimeo, Trello, Trumba, Pantheon, Media Temple, cPanel, plesk, slack, Keybase
Volunteer State Community College – Public Relations – Web Developer
January 2019 – Current
I wear many hats at Vol State. I manage volstate.edu on every level. I implement all updates and security patches, meet with faculty and staff to turn ideas into web content, work with custom modules, edit content, and more. I also manage the digital signage displayed around campus from building custom modules to creating graphics and editing pages. I work with many third-party tools and I'm constantly learning and improving my skill set.
Sumner County Schools – Math Teacher
August 2017 – August 2018
I was stationed at Portland High School and taught Algebra 1 to 9th grade students. I acquired the ability to translate ideas to simple concepts to help others learn. This opportunity greatly strengthened my communication skills and allowed me to better relate to different people on different levels.
Volunteer State Community College – Financial Aid – Application Support Specialist
August 2016 – August 2017
My role was to serve as IT technical support to the Financial Aid Office and other departments as it related to financial aid information. I continuously wrote SQL based reports and created tools to help with data analysis using both data extracted from Banner and data that existed outside of the Banner Information center.
Sumner County Schools – Content Manger
November 2015 – July 2016
Agile Ticketing Solutions – Application Developer
May 2014 – November 2015
Sumner County Schools – Technology Support
August 2013 – May 2014
I was a jack of all trades computer technician for Sumner County Schools. I floated between 46 locations assisting other technicians with the day in and day out process of keeping all technology devices up and running. I also assisted with receiving, configuring, and distributing all new devices throughout the county.
Emdeon – Implementation Specialist II / Programmer
August 2012 – August 2013
I was a software developer for Emdeon Accupost. I implemented customized software for hospitals to automate their posting procedures based on client specifications. I worked directly with clients to build modules to specification, and I maintained the software until it was transitioned to the support team. The legacy product utilized C++ and Xbase while the newer and more robust product utilized C# and MySQL. The Accupost software provided clients with a huge return on their investment allowing them to post the cash transactions into their accounting system at speeds faster and more accurately than with a full time trained staff.
2 Tech Guys – Joint Owner
May 2011- August 2012
Sumner County Schools – Substitute Teacher
August 2010 – May 2011
Drupal Career Online
- Fall Session 2022
Masters of Education
- Union University, Hendersonville TN
- Class of 2019
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics; Minor in Computer Science
- Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville TN
- Summa Cum Laude – Class of 2010
Associate Degree in Math and Science
- Volunteer State Community College, Gallatin TN
- Outstanding Graduate Award – Class of 2007